April 9th MHOAI members recognized in the Senate Chamber.
- Media Headlines: Mobile Home Residents Protest Landlord’s Fines – Landlord is Mistreating Mobile Home Owners – Message to Mobile Home Residents: Don’t Be Afraid – Mobile Home Uproar
- Large development companies have gobbled up the RNA and PA communities over the years. Many landlords are now out of state development companies and some publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Landlord’s declaring foreclosure and bankruptcy is sadly no longer a big surprise.
- Sun Companies, a publicly traded company based in Michigan, buys three communities in Illinois.
- Homeowners in Urbana and Rantoul send complaint forms to Attorney General regarding lease issues when RV Horizons, a Colorado multi-state development company , attempts to bypass Illinois lease laws. The leases were changed.
- Zeman Neighborhoods is a multi-state company based in Illinois owning approximately 20 communities in Illinois. Homeowners in Elk Grove Township came home to find property taken from their yards and violation notices with fines of $300 and more. The Manager would not take rent unless fines were paid, and throwing the word “eviction” at every turn to intimidate families.
- Fox Point families continue with lawsuits when the City of Wheeling posted 5 day notices for them to move their homes. The State Administrative Review Judge has sent cases back to the City of Wheeling. The Federal case is still in discovery and homeowners are still in their homes.
- The City of Bloomington starts a pilot Home Rehab Program for manufactured homeowners.