April 16th brought another well attended and productive turn out for MHO Day.
SB 2434 The passage of SB 2434 (Fire Safety Act) placed stronger enforcement requirements regarding adequate water supply for fire needs.
- MHOAI once again stopped negative tax legislation that would raise the County Tax paid by manufactured homeowners.
- MHOAI held our first Resident Owned Community workshop attended by over 60 homeowners from about 15 communities.
- MHOAI continued to work with decision makers regarding relocation costs when the land is sold for another usage and an opportunity to buy the community when the land goes up for sale.
- A success did come with another well attended state fundraiser reaching our $10,000 goal.
- Leadership from mid-western states formed a homeowner’s alliance via the National Manufactured Home Owners Association and Illinois hosted the first mid-western regional conference.