“Our Turn to Speak, United We Stand”
- Media Headlines: Ongoing Rent Issues: Enough is enough.
- MHOAI works with the IDPH allowing the state of Illinois to be approved by HUD as a State Administrative Agency (SAA) regarding consumer/homeowner complaints.
- New manufactured home licensing and installation laws were enacted.
- A tax bill to raise the County Taxes paid by manufactured home-owners is tabled in the Senate addressing MHOAI concerns.
- MHOAI works with the Illinois Department of Public Health putting in place the STAR program which provides radios to residents in manufactured home communities to help with safety issues during the tornado season.
- 15 State Manufactured Homeowner Associations across the nation form the Manufactured Home Owners Association of America and Illinois hosts the first national convention.
- MHOAI brings a focus to fire safety issues in manufactured home communities.